What Do Calcium and Vitamin D Have in Common?

The human body needs calcium to maintain healthy bones and teeth, and it is also needed for proper muscle function and nerve transmission. Calcium is one of the five electrolytes found in GoHydrate. 

Did you know: Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the human body and 99% of it is stored in the bones and teeth? The remaining 1% is found in the blood, muscles, and other tissues. Adequate calcium intake is especially important for children and adolescents, as their bones are still developing. During this time, the body is able to absorb more calcium than it does in adulthood, making it crucial for building strong bones and reducing the risk of osteoporosis later in life.

Adults need to consume at least 1000-1200 mg of calcium per day to maintain bone health. However, many people do not consume enough calcium through their diet, which can lead to a variety of health problems. Each stick of GoHydrate contains 37mg of calcium. 

The best dietary sources of calcium include dairy products such as milk, yogurt, and cheese. Other good sources include leafy green vegetables, such as broccoli and spinach, as well as nuts, fish, and fortified cereals. Some people may also need to take calcium supplements if they are unable to meet their daily calcium requirements through diet alone.

It's important to note that calcium doesn't work alone, you also need vitamin D to absorb calcium effectively. Since the body can't make vitamin D on its own, you need to get it from food or supplements. Sun exposure is also a good source of vitamin D. GoHydrate proudly offers BOTH Calcium and Vitamin D!

In addition to promoting bone health, research has shown that calcium may also have other health benefits. Some studies have linked adequate calcium intake to a reduced risk of colon cancer, high blood pressure, and obesity. 


This post provides general information and discussions about health and related subjects. The information provided in this email, or in any linked materials, are not intended and should not be construed as medical advice. If you or any other person has a medical question or concern, you should consult with your health care provider.